The Great Idaho Ski Getaway
Article: LocalFreshies.com – December 11, 2018
What does the “soul of skiing” mean to you? Is it the art of the turn? Maybe its slashing the pow. For the Local Freshies® crew, it’s all about the freedom to explore the mountains. Finding those places that most others would drive right past. It’s less about the high-speed lifts & long lift lines and more about the boards under our feet & the solitude of the slopes with nary a person around. For us, this embodies the state of Idaho. The last vestige of ski resorts that are focused on the fun of skiing instead of the bottom line for shareholders. For those that don’t have the cash or are a bit too frugal, you’re in luck. The Great Idaho Ski Getaway gives you a chance to win a FREE trip to explore them yourself!
That’s right! Ski Idaho, in partnership with skis.com & snowboards.com, are giving away a trip for two to visit three North Idaho ski resorts in The Great Idaho Ski Getaway. One grand prize winner & a guest will fly to Spokane International Airport courtesy of Alaska Airlines. From there, you’ll ski or ride Lookout Pass, Schweitzer and Silver Mountain amid the Idaho Panhandle’s vast lakes, winding rivers, lush evergreen mountains and historic mining and timber towns.
Need A Reason To Enter?
Need a bit more motivation to enter? Check out our adventure of hitting up Lookout Pass and Silver Mountain. (Hint: Lots of Powder!) And lastly, Schweitzer was just singled out in SKI Magazine’s annual Resorts of the Year issue for 2019 as “an up and coming four-season resort” whose “views of sparkling Lake Pend Oreille give the Tahoe areas a reason to be nervous.” We wouldn’t call them an up and coming resort but rather an unspoiled destination to hit now before the masses find it.
Grand-prize Package Includes:
- Round trip airfare for two courtesy of Alaska Airlines (up to $1,000)
- Car rental for five days (up to $500)
- Lookout Pass Ski Resort: One day of lift tickets for two, ski/board rentals for two, and lunch for two at Lookout Pass Ski Resort plus overnight stay for two at a hotel in nearby Wallace, Idaho
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort: One day of lift tickets for two, ski/board rentals for two, lunch for two, and overnight stay for two at Schweitzer Mountain Resort in Sandpoint, Idaho
- Silver Mountain Resort: One day of lift tickets for two, ski/board rentals for two, lunch for two, and overnight stay for two at Silver Mountain Resort in Kellogg, Idaho
- Overnight stay for two at The Coeur d’Alene Spa Resort in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- $500 shopping spree at Skis.com or Snowboards.com
- Line Sakana and Line Pandora 104 skis
- 2 pairs of sunglasses from Proof Eyewear
- Welcome kit from Payette Brewing
Article brought to you by: